BootFighter XP & UltimateKnight Forums
Welcome Back~!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back~!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Power Up kit error

3 posters

Go down

Power Up kit error Empty Power Up kit error

Post  altus20 Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 pm

ok first of all YAY FIRST TOPIC
there isn't a tech/support section so i thought i would post it here

I get this error when opening the Ultimate Knight PUK
"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect"

I ve tried reinstalling,scanning with avg and reinstalling visual C++
none worked T_T

help please!!
altus20
altus20
Recruit!
Recruit!

Rep : 0

Back to top Go down

Power Up kit error Empty Re: Power Up kit error

Post  Azure Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:23 pm

lolol, since it's the two of us as of nao, I'll try and help!
1. Delete everything related to UK! (apart from the installer, of course)
2. Get Direct X if you don't have it ;o
3. Disable any Anti-Virus programs (I don't have AVG, and it worked fine for me Surprised)

(After doing a bit of looking around, I'm pretty sure the problem is C++ based,)
Try re-installing that? D:
Either you missing .dll or something's wrong with your C++ thing, eeeugh

After you've done thaat, trying closing most of your programs and try re-patching it again
I would re-download everything if I were you, since that works most of the time
Azure
Azure
Admin

https://bootfultimatek.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Power Up kit error Empty error message

Post  lonestwolf Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 am

Ultimate Knight Windom XP + PowerUp Kit

Installation Procedure:

1.) Extract all 3 files in this RAR onto your desktop

2.) Install Daemon Tools 3.4.7, first. Make sure you restart your PC, if prompted. Also make sure you DO NOT UPDATE from this version! This is the BEST VERSION FOR WINDOWS XP! The updated versions SUCK compared to this one!

3.) After/If you restart your PC, double click Daemon Tool's Icon on your desktop to start it up. Once that happens, you should see a Red Circle with a Lighting Bolt through it at the bottom right corner.

4.) Right click the Red Circle, click Emulation, and click All Options On

5.) Right click it AGAIN, click Virtual CD/DVD ROM Drive, click Set Number of Devices, and set it to "2".

6.) Go back to Virtual CD/DVD ROM Drive, click Device 0, and click Mount Image. Then, browse for "UK WindomXP.iso" and Mount it as an image.

7.) Once you do that, the installer for Ultimate Knight Windom XP ORIGINAL should pop up. Install it like normal, but DO NOT TOUCH THE INSTALLATION PATH, WHATEVER YOU DO!!!! This is important!!!

8.) Once the original Windom XP is installed, this time, go to Device 1, and Mount Image, and then mount the "WINDOMXP_PUK.iso" to Device 1

9.) Once you do that, the installer for the PowerUp Kit should pop up. Install it like normal, and again: DO NOT TOUCH THE INSTALLATION PATH!!! >=O

10a.) Try the Icon: IT WORKS - CONGRATS!! UR DONE!! ENJOY!! =D

10b.) Try the Icon: ERROR!!! No good! Continue onto Step 11b

11b.) Okay, HERE is where we pull a miracle out of our ass to get this to work! Install AVG 9.0 Free Edition, and make sure any antivirus you have installed is TURNED OFF while you're doing this!

12b.) Once you have AVG installed, do A FULL SYSTEM SCAN only once!

13b.) Try the Icon: IT SHOULD WORK at this point. If it doesn't, then idk what to tell you, because AVG Full System Scan is usually the thing that fixes any error magically with this game! All I can say is, contact your system administrator if it's still not working at this point XD.

14b.) If the game is working, you may then Uninstall AVG Free Edition and turn your regular Antivirus back on.

ENJOY!!!

lonestwolf
Recruit!
Recruit!

Back to top Go down

Post  altus20 Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm

ill try this again (i changed the instalation path to D and i was using avg 8.0 "too lazy to update")
altus20
altus20
Recruit!
Recruit!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum